- Free entrance to 8 museums
- Budapest Card
- Several discounts
- Buy now online!
The Budapest Card is the perfect fit for you if you wish to visit as many attractions, museums and sights as possible. Furthermore you can also use the public transport for free. This practical city pass is available for 24, 48 or 72 hours and therefore conveniently adjustable to the length of your stay.
Budapest Card: free entrances, discounts & more
– Free use of the BKV public transport system during the validity of the card on the following modes of transport: metro, Millennium Underground Railway, cogwheel railway, trams, buses, trolleybuses, scheduled boats and suburban railway (within the administrative boundary of Budapest). On suburban railway lines, a supplementary suburban is required for journeys extending beyond the city; these must be purchased at the BKK suburban ticket offices before entering the railway.
– Free sightseeing tours – Budapest Card also provides two free walking sightseeing tours with an English-speaking guide. Tour on Pest side start at 10:30 a.m. starting at Andrassy Avenue 3., end of the tour: in front of the Tourist Information (Sütő Street), on Buda side (close to the Buda Castle) the tour starts at 2:00 pm (meeting point at the Trinity Statue). The tours are held every day and last for approximately 2 hours.
– Free entry to the St Lukács Bath – During the validation time of the Budapest Card, each cardholder can enter once to the Lukács Bath
– Free entry to 8 museums: Budapest History Museum, Kiscelli Museum, Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park, Museum of Fine Arts, Hungarian National Gallery, Vasarely Museum, New Budapest Gallery, Hopp Ferenc Art Museum of the Far East. During the validation time of the Budapest Card, each cardholder can enter once to each museum for free of charge (to the permanent exhibitions).
– Other discounts – in addition, cardholders can enjoy discounts ranging from 10-50% on nearly 100 different establishments (thermal baths, museums, sights, events, sightseeing tours and restaurants). The Budapest Card brochure includes a detailed description of discounted services which are available with the Budapest Card.
Full list of museums. attractions and discounts, included in your Budapest Card.
Good to know:
The Budapest Card guarantees the discounts for one person. The name of the cardholder must be written on the card, so the card cannot be assigned to somebody else after signed. To be able to use the card, it has to be filled in – it shall be signed by its holder and the date of first use shall be indicated on it in the following order: month, day, hour (the last full hour elapsed on that day without the minutes). Please protect the card because cards with corrected or unreadable data are no longer valid.
After filling it in and signing it, the card must be shown when using public transportation. At any other service, the card’s NFC-chip allows the client to get the discount. For that, NFC readers are settled to every service provider. A guide for correct completion is included in the Budapest Card brochure. If the card is completed incorrectly at the sales point, the salesman should exchange it at the purchase location, giving a new, blank card and retaining the spoiled one.
Pick up points:
1) Budapest info Point Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2A
Opening hours: every day 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
2) Budapest info Point Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2B
Opening hours: every day 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
3) Budapest info Point Sütő Street: Budapest District 5 Sütő u.2. (M1, M2, M3 Deák Square underground station), opening hours: every day 8:00am – 8:00pm
4) Budapest info Point Hősök tére, 1146 Budapest, Olof Palme ave 5. (Ice skating Rink)
Opening hours: every day 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.