- 2 Daily tours available
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Incl. transport & guide
- Book now online!
Buy your tickets to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and visit this fascinating underground labyrinth, which stretches over 9 levels at 64 to 327 meters below the surface of the Earth. A labyrinth of nearly 2,400 chambers is connected with sidewalks with a total length of 245 km. It is an invaluable monument of material culture, inscribed in 1978 on the UNESCO Heritage List. Visit one of the largest underground mining museums, where “white gold” was extracted. The underground trail leads through numerous drifts, galleries, and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of sacred art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends.
Buy your tickets for Wieliczka today and visit one of the oldest salt mines in the world
Wieliczka is not only a salt mine but also the world’s largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. The tour starts with a descent down the stairs to the depth of 64 meters. Visitors are led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface. Visitors return to the surface with an elevator.
Plac Szczepański 8, Krakow Visitors Center
Daily at 9:00 (November-December at 08:50) and 12:00
– The tour takes place under the supervision of a guide
– The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
– There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start – It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
– The price does not include fees for photography and filming (you can buy it at the Mine for 10 PLN)
– It is forbidden to smoke and use open flame in the mine MAIN DESCRIPTION marks: This underground labyrinth stretch over 9 levels at 64 to 327 meters.