- Alkmaar Bike Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Fun & insightful
- See the city in a few hours
- Book now, pay on the spot!
Due to its famous cheese market, this city in the North of Holland is known to be a “cheese town”. Cheese has been weighed and sold here for over 700 years and the market attracts numerous visitors every year. Besides, there is a lovely city center, typical Dutch canals and windmills as well. The best way to take it all in is our Highlights of Alkmaar Bike Tour. Hop on a bike and let a local guide show you the best parts of the city within a few hours.
Join a relaxed and fun bike tour in Alkmaar
This is what you will see:
- Waagplein Square
- The polders (outside the city)
- The mills
- House with the ball
- Waagtoren gates with the cheese market
- Hidden yards
- Excise towers
- Flat stone bridge
- Victory Park
- Hof van Sonoy Square
- Grote Laurenskerk church
- And much more!
During our Highlights of Alkmaar Bike Tour you will explore the city in about 2 hours and learn all there is to know about the history and culture from a local English-speaking guide. Ride your bike past the Dutch canals and windmills as you experience the city’s charm. Of course, there is also plenty of time for pictures and you can ask your guide for tips and recommendations, which you can benefit from during the rest of your stay.
Book a bike tour in Alkmaar!
Did we spark your interest? Book now!
The bike rental during the tour is included in the price.
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. There is no payment up front necessary and your data will be kept private.
Our advice: Do one of our guided tours on your first days in the city, so you can get an overview of the most important spots at the beginning of your trip already.
Alkmaar Bike Tour: Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Payment on the spot (cash)
- In case of bad weather: cycle with a poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge.
- Distance: 12 km (7.5 mi)
- Level of activity: Low
- Bike rental
- English-speaking guide
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: not available
- Child seats: available, € 5
- Tandems: not available
- E-bike: available, € 15
- Helmets: available, € 3
- Bookable from: 2 to 12 participants
- Average group size: 8 participants
- Minimum: 2 participants
- For bigger groups we provide an additional guide
This is why this tour is good for you and the planet:
- Bike tours are eco-friendly and help promote sustainable tourism
- By doing a bike tour, you save 1.5 to 2 kg of CO2 on average compared to a sightseeing tour by bus
- You stimulate the local economy and employment
- You help to invest in a local green infrastructure
- Cycling is healthy and relaxing
- Read more about Baja Bikes & sustainability
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
Reservation in advance is required!