- Socially responsible bike tour
- Meet the locals
- English-speaking guides
- Cape Town Township Tour
- Reserve now online!
This International Award-winning socially responsible Cape Town Township Tour provides you with the opportunity to meet and interact with the local community in the townships. A qualified guide will escort you around the township, visiting interesting places and explaining Xhosa customs. Some highlights of the tour are a visit to a local pre-school, traditional dancing by the Sangoma and you will enjoy a lunch in an African home and taste some authentic African food. as well
Unique Cape Town Township Tour with a certified guide
This guided bike tour is only available as a private tour, which allows you to engage with the community in a better way. At 9:00 am or 1:00 pm our guide will pick you up at your accommodation in the city. It is also possible to go to the meeting point by yourself (FoodZone supermarket on Kommetjie Road).
After a 45 minute drive, you will start with the bike tour. During the tour you will visit a preschool. Please do not bring treats for the children, as we do make donations to the creche on your behalf. After that you will see traditional dancing by the Sangoma and we will also enjoy an authentic African lunch. This guided bicycle tour gives you the unique opportunity to see the townships in a different way and there is enough time to interact with the locals. Experience the life of the local people and seize this opportunity to help them.
Highlights of the Cape Town Township Tour
- Sangoma (traditional healer) dancing and drumming
- Visit to Masivelani crèche (only available during the week)
- Visit crafters and local artists in community
- Visit to the learning centre / library
- Lunch at Nonni’s home or Nongoloza’s Restaurant
Book a Township bike tour in Cape Town!
Did we spark your interest? Book now!
It is also possible to reserve this tour as a private tour. You will be picked up at your hotel at either 09:00 am or 1:00 pm, the price for the transport is 625 ZAR. After a car ride of about 45 minutes, the bike tour will start. The price of the private tour is 850 ZAR per person.
Please note: The standard tour is a half day excursion including transport.
If you wish to book a half day tour without transport, please contact us.
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. There are no booking fees and your data will be shared with no one but us.
Our advice: Do one of our guided tours, on your first days in the city, so you can get an overview of the most important spots at the beginning of your trip already.
Cape Town Township Tour: Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Payment up front
- In case of bad weather: free poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Bike rental
- English-speaking guide
- A great experience!
- African lunch
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: available, from 6 years
- Child seats: available, up to 22 kilograms
- Tandems: not available
- E-bike: not available
- Bookable from: 2 to 200 participants
- Average group size: 8 participants
- Minimum: 2 participants
- If the group is bigger than 15 participants we provide an additional guide
- For bigger groups we provide an additional guide
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
- Reservation is required
- The guide will meet you at 9 o’clock at your accommodation (please e-mail us the name of your hotel) and take you to (45 minutes) to Masicorp Chasmay Road Campus. If you don’t want the for exclusive transport, the tour starts at 10 am and the guide will wait four you at the meeting point.