- Versailles Bike Tour
- English-speaking guide
- Incl. Entrance & train tickets
- Visit the summer palace, trianon & more
- Book now, pay later!
Looking for a fun day excursion from Paris? Do our Versailles Bike Tour and enjoy a wonderful day outside the city! This complete excursion includes the train ticket, entrance to the palace, the guided tour and much more. Explore the palace and enjoy a wonderful picnic by the lake while a guide is telling you all you need to know.
Do our Versailles Bike Tour and enjoy an unforgettable day
The meeting point for this tour is at the Saint-Lazare station on platform 1 at 9:00 am. Together with your guide you will be taking the train to Versailles, which is about a 35 minute train ride. Once you arrive, you will receive your bike and the Versailles Bike Tour begins!
You start off at the farmers market where you can do some shopping for the picnic. Then you will cycle through this enormous complex and the guide will tell you all there is to know about King Louis IXV and Marie Antoinette, the history, the palace and much more. Afterwards, you will be stopping by the lake for a picnic with a beautiful view over the palace.
After the picnic you will continue on to the private lodgings of the Royalties, better known as Le Petit Trianon and Le Grand Trianon. You have some free time to explore King Louis’ Grand Trianon, including the beautiful gardens. Then you will also visit the Petit Trianon, which you can also view from inside. This was built exclusively for the king’s favorite mistress, Madame de Pompadour.
Then you will be cycling through the English style gardens to the former residence of Marie-Antoinette. You will park the bikes here and explore the estate of this special lady by foot, this takes about 45 minutes. The estate of Marie-Antoinette is completely different from the rest of Versailles and gives a special insight into her world.
In the meantime, you have seen and learned so much that it is time to go inside the grand palace! The guide will wait outside with the bikes and you will receive an audio guide. After your visit to the palace (most people spend about an hour and a half here) you can go on and enjoy see the French gardens in the back, and decide for yourself what time you take the train back to Paris. A wonderful day outside the bustling city which you will surely never forget!
Highlights of the Versailles Bike Tour
- The local market
- The Palace
- Marie-Antoinette’s’ Estate
- The Royal complex
- Grand Trianon
- Petit Trianon
- The Royal woods
- The French ruins
- The mirror room
Good to know
- From April to October, the French gardens at the back of the palace close at half past nine in the evening. This gives enough time to explore them, and to take the train back to Paris afterwards.
- Entrance to the French gardens is free, unless there is a musical fountain show. Tickets for the fountain show are not included but you can buy them on the spot.
- Train tickets to and from Paris are provided by us. The train leaves every 15 minutes, the last one leaves about 11 pm.
Most people spend about an hour and a half in the Palace and are therefore back in Paris around 7 o’clock.
Reserve your spot now for our Versailles bike tour
Did we spark your interest? Book now!
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. There is no payment up front necessary and your data will be shared with no one but us.
Versailles Bike tour: Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Duration: 8 hours incl. visit to Versailles and about 1.5 hours of cycling
- After visiting Versailles you can choose the time you want to go back
- Payment on the spot (cash)
- In case of bad weather: free poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Bike rental
- English speaking guide
- Train ticket Paris-Versailles
- Access Palace Versaille
- Entrance Summer Palace
- Access Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
- Access Trianon
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: available, 20 and 24 inch
- Child seats: available, until 22kg
- Tandems: not available
- Tag along: available
- E-bike: not available
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
- Parking nearby: Free Parking available in front of the door
- Reservation is required