- Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour
- Learn about the Spanish civil war
- English-speaking guide
- See the battlefields of Rio Manzanares
- Book online now!
In April 1936, a massive political change took place in Spain. On the 14th of April the second Spanish republic was declared and for the first time in hundreds of years, a Spanish king was sent packing. This resulted in a very bloody period for Spain. This Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour will tell you more about the Spanish civil war and what happened next. During 3 hours you will be exploring the different sights that played a huge roll in Spanish history. Your English-speaking expert tour guide will tell you all of the stories and answer any questions you might have.
Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour: Let a Spanish guide share the Spanish history with you
Back to 1936. A bloody civil war broke out in Spain. The power comes in the hands of the people, followed by the raise of the military leadership of Francisco Franco. Spain, and also Madrid as capital city of the reign, suffers because of the consequences of these period and the dictatorship followed up on the civil war. Spain was the only country that bombard their own servants and even know mass graves are still being found. This all as a result of this period. A dictatorship that ended in 1975 as Franco dies and which nowadays still is subject for discussion.
This Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour takes you back to the times and places where it all happened. Our English-speaking tour guide shows you the most important places during the civil war, the dictatorship and the transition to the unstable Spanish democracy which we know nowadays.
Highlights of the Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour
- Plaza España
- Cuartel de la Montaña
- Torre de Madrid
- Templo de Debod
- La casa de campo
- The bunkers of Parque del Oeste
- Battle fields of Rio Manzanares
- Puerta del Sol, the headquarter of the social-politic section
- Plaza de Cibeles
- And many more
Book this bike tour and learn all about Dictatorship and Democracy in Madrid
Did we spark your interest? Reserve now!
The bike rental is included in the price.
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. There is no payment up front necessary and your data will be shared with no one but us.
Our advice: During your first days in the city, do one of our guided tours. This way you can get a great overview of the city at the beginning of your trip already.
Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour: Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Payment on the spot (cash)
- In case of bad weather: free poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Distance: around 10-15 km
- Bike rental
- English-speaking guide
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: from 4 years
- Child seats: until 22 kg, free
- Tandems: available, € 20
- E-bike: available, € 20
- Helmets: available
- Bookable from: 2 to 200 participants
- Average group size: 8 participants
- Minimum: 2 participants
- For bigger groups we provide an additional guide
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
- Parking nearby: Parking Centro Madrid
- Reservation is required