- Learn about the Spanish civil war
- English-speaking guide
- Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour
- See the battlefields of Rio Manzanares
- Book online now!
On the 14th of April, 1936 the second Spanish Republic was declared and for the first time in hundreds of years, the Spanish king was sent packing, resulting in a massive political change. This Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour will tell you all about the Spanish Civil War and the bloody period that followed. For three hours, with an expert English-speaking guide, you will explore the different sights that played a huge role in Spanish history, learning about the stories, and asking any questions you might have.
Uncover the history of Spanish Democracy and Dictatorship on a fascinating bike tour
Highlights of the Dictatorship and Democracy Bike Tour
- Plaza España
- Cuartel de la Montaña
- Torre de Madrid
- Templo de Debod
- La Casa de Campo
- The bunkers of Parque del Oeste
- Battle fields of Rio Manzanares
- Puerta del Sol
- Plaza de Cibeles
- And many more
We will take you back to the times and places where history unfolded. Our English-speaking tour guide will show you the most important places during the Civil War, the Dictatorship, and the transition to the Spanish Constitutional democracy which we know today.
Flashback to 1936 when a bloody Civil War broke out in Spain. The power came into the hands of the people, followed by the rise of Francisco Franco’s military Dictatorship. Spain, and in particular Madrid as the capital city, suffered the consequences. In fact, Spain was the only country that bombarded their own servants and even now mass graves are still being found. The dictatorship finally ended in 1975 with Franco’s death, but this period would shape Spain’s history and culture forever.
Book this bike tour and learn all about Dictatorship and Democracy in Madrid
Did we spark your interest? Reserve now!
The bike rental is included in the price.
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. There is no payment up front necessary and your data will kept private.
Our advice: During your first days in the city, do one of our guided tours. This way you can get a great overview of the city at the beginning of your trip.
Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Payment on the spot (cash)
- In case of bad weather: free poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Distance: around 10-15 km (6-9 mi.)
- Bike rental
- English-speaking guide
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: from 4 years
- Child seats: until 22 kg (48 lbs.), free
- Tandems: available, € 20
- E-bike: available, € 20
- Helmets: available
- Bookable from: 2 to 200 participants
- Average group size: 8 participants
- Minimum: 2 participants
- For bigger groups we provide an additional guide
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
- Parking nearby: Parking Centro Madrid
- Reservation is required