- Rome Via Appia Bike Tour
- E-Bikes Available
- Unique experience
- Incl. the Appian Way
- With the Catacombs & Roman Aquaduct
- Small and safe routes
- Central meeting point
- Book now, pay later!
Want to see the city off the beaten track? Do our Rome Via Appia Bike Tour! Cycle along the Appian Way this tour has been specifically created for those who want to see Rome in a unique way, hereby differing from the regular stops and attractions. During this tour you will explore just outside of the city center, taking in all of the old ruins present in the countryside that surrounds the Italian capital.
Rome Via Appia Bike Tour: Off the beaten path
Ride over cobblestones that are more than 2000 years old. Benefit from the expert knowledge of our enthusiastic English speaking guide who will cycle with you for 3 fun, fact-filled hours through various parts of the Italian capital that will most likely be completely unknown to you and your group. Of course, you will also see important highlights like the Colosseum and Circus Maximus, but the main emphasis of this tour lies on discovering the ruins in the countryside outside of the historic center. One significant highlight is the opportunity to see the Ancient Roman aquaducts and the Catacombs!
The great thing about doing a guided bike tour is the ability to see more in less time. Set your own pace, take in the sights and be sure to pack a camera, some sights you’ll definitely want to share with friends and family when you get home! If you want it is also possible to stop for a coffee break and your guide will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Highlights of the Rome Via Appia Tour
- The Colosseum
- Thermal Baths of Trajan
- Thermal Baths of Trajan
- The Domus Aurea legends
- The Celio hill with its hidden structures
- The urban stretch of the Appian Way to the port of St. Sebastian
- The imperial walls
- The Vatican territory of the Catacombs
- The mausoleum of Romulus
- The Circus of Maxentius
- The remains of the Aqueduct
- The Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella and its facilities
- The original floor (2400 years old)
- Tombs like towers and temples
- The Caffarella park
- The Nymphaeum of Egeria
- The temple of Anna Regilla
- The thermal baths of Caracalla
Book our Via Appia bike tour in Rome!
Did we spark your interest? Book now!
1. Pick a date
2. Fill in the number of participants and your contact details
3. No booking fees: receive an email confirmation with further information
4. Pay upon location and enjoy the bike tour
The bike rental is included in the price.
The booking process on our website is fast, secure and easy. Our website is using an 100% secure certified SSL connection, your personal data will be transmitted in an encrypted form, is protected by our firewall and will be shared with no one but us.
Our advice: Do one of our guided tours, for example the Highlights of Rome Bike Tour, on your first days in the city, so you can get an overview of the most important spots at the beginning of your trip already.
Rome Via Appia Bike Tour: Start your city trip off right with a Baja Bikes tour!
Good to know:
- Online reservation is necessary
- Reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Payment upon location (cash)
- In case of bad weather: free poncho, reschedule or cancel free of charge
- Bike rental
- English speaking guide
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Child bikes: from 8 years
- Child seats: until 25 kg, free
- Tandems: not available
- E-bike: book upfront, 20€
- More details will be sent by e-mail after booking
- Reservation is required